Preparing House For A Virtual Tour
Getting your home ready for photographing is very important when choosing to market property online. Remember that a 360 interactive virtual tour will be like an open house 24/7, so a little time spent preparing now will certainly pay off in the end.
Our photographers will have a limited time at each location as several tours are scheduled each day, therefore it is important that the home be in the condition you want it photographed in when the photographer arrives.
A virtual tour will make your property look amazing online with a little advance preparation from you. Here are some tips to get your property ready and looking its best:
- Check both indoors and out for clutter. Make sure everything is neat and tidy.
- Please make sure all loose items throughout your home are put away. This includes personal items like cell phones, iPods, shoes, books, brief cases, jewelry, etc. Please have children’s toys, playpens, highchairs put in rooms that will not be shot like the laundry room. If you are going to be home, please have all inside lights on. Leave venetian blinds down and turned slightly upwards.
- Try not to be in the room where the photographer is photographing so you don’t end up in the photo.
- Do not schedule other workers to be in the home at the same time. We just end up in each other’s way and it makes it difficult for everyone to do their job appropriately.
- Make arrangements for pets. They should be kenneled or at doggie day care, so the photographer can access all areas of the home for photographing.
- Please have pillows properly placed, but take all throw’s off any chairs. Any light’s that are set to a timer, please remove the timer. Please put away remotes.
- Spruce up your lawn and garden. Trim shrubbery and replace or remove dead plants if necessary.
- Yard and patio/porch should be neat and tidy. Outdoor furniture should be clean and neat.
- Mow the lawn and water if it has turned brown in the summertime.
- Clear clutter – toys, bikes, brooms, etc.
- Winter – keep the pool clear and clean.
- Remove clutter and tidy up tables, furniture and shelves
- Move excess furniture out of the room (pet crates, tray tables, etc.). A clean, open, clutter free space is best.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs! These really stick out in the photos.
- Don’t tuck things behind doors or under furniture. The camera catches it every time!
- Clear any clutter from the counters. Move the basket of mail, meds, brown bananas, cooking tools (spatula, etc.), toaster, and toaster ovens. (Can be placed in oven).
- Make sure dishes are put away. Don’t leave them in the sink or on the drain board. Any wipe clothes, soaps, etc. off the sink area.
- Empty or put away the garbage can.
- Please remove all items that can be removed off of Frig including on top.
- Remove any hand towels on oven or cabinets. Any dish racks need to be removed.
- If possible, a table setting is appropriate. Flowers and plants are fine, but not too many as that can clutter the shot.
- Close the toilet lid and empty the garbage can.
- Clean the mirror and glass surfaces. The flash really highlights those smudges and water marks.
- Hang towels neatly from the towel rack. Remove clothing from hooks or the back of the door.
- Please remove all toiletry items from sink like toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, etc.
- Please pick up any wipe off rugs or toilet bibs (unless to cover floor impairment).
- For sunken tubs, whirlpool tubs, etc., please remove shampoos, soaps, etc. (Closets are a good place to put items to be removed.)
The Photographer Will NOT
- Move furniture
- Clean or dust
- Pick up clutter (toys, dishes, pet beds etc.)
- Photographers will not wait for areas to be cleaned. Photographers have several tours each day and each one deserves it’s full time allotment.
The Photographer Will
- Make small adjustments for a better photo composition
- Work with you to find a time that is convenient for photographing
- It is a Sales Representative responsibility to arrange these activities with his/hers clients. Failure to provide these steps, maybe subject to rescheduling /reshooting fee.
This is a partial list of typical items needed to be removed, but not a complete list. Please inquire about questionable items.
We appreciate your cooperation!